This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use it. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who we are
Paragon Housing Association, registered as:
A Scottish Charity (Scottish Charity Number SC036262);
A registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit
Societies Act 2014 and the;
Financial Conduct Authority with Registered Number 2521 RS;
and having their Registered Office at:
Invergrange House, Station Road, Grangemouth, FK3 8DG
Paragon Housing Association takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously including compliance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic
Communications Regulations. We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner ICO) under registration number Z5624595 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to
us. This website privacy notice explains how we collect and use personal information about you. Separate versions of Privacy Notices are issued to our Tenants, Staff and Board Members.
When you visit our website, we may collect personal information about you if you:
- complete and submit a “contact us” form to us; and
- Surveys (from time to time) via our website.
We may use this personal information to:
- provide you with the services that you have requested from us;
- communicate with you, including in response to any of your enquiries;
- improve our services and respond to changing needs;
- carry out repairs to your property;
- handle and resolve complaints made by, or, against you;
- keep the personal information that we hold about you accurate and up-to-date (if you provide any new personal information to us via the website); and
- signpost you to organisations that can offer benefits and debt advice and support.
o If you engage with us via any social media platforms and accounts with which we have an affiliation, i.e. Facebook etc.
Who might my data be shared with, or seen by?
We may disclose your personal data to any of our employees, officers, contractors, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers or subcontractors and healthcare providers insofar as reasonably necessary, and in accordance with data protection legislation.
We may also disclose your personal data:
· with your consent;
· to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
· to complete a regulatory return in relation the Management Committee
· to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, users of our websites and other persons;
· in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
· If we are investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to solicitors, independent investigators such as auditors, the Scottish Housing Regulator and other regulatory body involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise;
· to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
· to another organisation if we enter into a joint venture or merge with another organisations.
What are the legal bases for us processing your personal data?
We will only process your personal data on one or more of the following legal bases:
· our legitimate interests
· vital interests
· public interest/official authority
· legal obligation
Processing special category personal data
Special categories of personal data means information about your racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; health; sex life or sexual orientation; criminal convictions, offences or alleged offences; genetic data; or biometric data for the purposes of uniquely identifying you.
The "special categories" of sensitive personal information referred to above require higher levels of protection. We need to meet additional legal requirements for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information.
Where do we keep your data?
Your information will only be processed within the United Kingdom and / or the EEA (European Economic Area).
How do we keep your data safe?
When you give us information, we take steps to make sure that your personal
information is kept secure and safe. All data is held in accordance with the Association’s data protection policies and procedures.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law, or best practice, and in accordance with our Date Retention Policy and Schedule.
You have the right at any time to:
· ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
· require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
· in certain situations, make a request to us to delete your personal data;
· request we restrict processing your personal data;
· object to receiving any marketing communications from us
Queries and Complaints
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be directed, in the first instance, to email@example.com or by telephoning 01324 664966.
Our Data Protection Officer is provided by RGDP LLP and can be contacted either via 07935 008 316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
Queen Elizabeth House
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and will place any updates on this website.
This privacy notice was last updated on July 2021.